Welcome to the Privy docs! The documentation contains everything you need to get started using Privy's API. Want to try Privy? Get your API key!
What is Privy?
Privy is a simple API that enables you to manage user data off-chain (e.g. their name, email address or KYC information). Privy helps you get rid of data silos and protect your users: you don't have to store or custody sensitive data yourself.
What if storing user data safely was literally as easy as storing it unencrypted in a database? Privy takes care of all the heavy lifting for you (client-side auth and encryption, key management, permissions handling) so you no longer have to worry about a data breach, accidentally leaking user data internally, or siloing it away.
Privy bridges web2 and web3 data so you can build delightful products and your users can stay in control of their information. The data is always encrypted client-side so Privy never sees it.
Privy handles storage, encryption, and access control so you can reclaim valuable development time and get back to building products that delight your users.
The Privy API is RESTful. It has intuitive, resource-oriented URLs, accepts JSON request bodies and returns JSON.
- New to Privy? Get started.
- Check out a few simple demos built using Privy.
- Read up on Privy security
- Privately associate user data to their wallets.
- Link user wallets securely.
- Have questions? Email us at email@example.com or hop into our Discord.
- Read about our mission, and where we're going.
- Technical decisions are moral decisions.